Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Zoua

Ever since I was young, I had always admired my sister. She has always been good to everyone. She had a great smile and she always shown it, even when she was sad.

We were separated for several years during the Vietnam War, so the most crucial years were stolen from us. She was the second child and I was the last of five. We were 2-3 years apart between each child, so she’s ten years older. Therefore, the closeness was not there-and the separation didn’t help any.

However, she cared for me. She helped my mom buy my first car for my high school graduation present. She loaned me money to start my quilting business. But what I admired most about my sister was that she always passed her sound advices to me.

One of her advice to me was, “Don’t engage in talks about your husband,” (that was before I got married). She said when other people brags about their husbands don’t brag about yours, it will only lead to jealousy. And when they talk bad about their husbands, don’t talk about yours in such a manner, it would mar his reputation and your devotion to him.

The most recent advice she gave me was just before my father-in-law passed away. She said, “your family is not mom (my mom was sick with liver cirrhosis and on hospice care), but your husband and his family. Go take care of your duties to your father. [Charlie] and I will take care of mom. If anything happens we will call you.” I was heart-sick to leave my mom, but at the same time I was confident she would do as she said.

You’ll have to be Hmong to understand this particular advice. But I appreciated it so much. I knew that her care of my mom would not take my place, but she did her best. Because of her encouragement I was able to help with my father-in-law’s funeral, providing the best I knew how to honor him. When my mom passed away (the Sunday after we buried my father-in-law), she put mats on the floor in her living room and slept there while I slept on her futon in order to keep me out of fear. She was and is always thoughtful and considerate.

Zoua does not know the Lord and she’s not well versed in English, but I know that if her daughters read this they would be very proud of their mother and hopefully share it with her. I hope you will join me in prayer for her and her family’s salvation.

Maum, kuv zoo siab ua Vajtswv tsaug uas kuv muaj ib tug niam laus uas zoo tshaj plaws. Ua koj tsaug rau koj txoj kev hlub kuv. Txawm yog wb ib leeg taug ib txoj kev los, kuv paub koj yeej hlub kuv. Thov Vajtswv foom koob hmoov rau txiv laus neb kom noj qab nyob zoo thaib khwv tau nyiaj txiag los duav neb lub neej tsis tu ncua. Kuv hlub koj.


“And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.” ~ John 3:36

No comments: