Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Monday, November 5, 2007

A Woman of Noble Character abides in Jesus, part II

“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you,” (John 15:7, NASB).

Last week, I wrote that a woman of noble character abides in Jesus. Today, I want to take you to the second part of the verse; “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you…” Now, not only will you abide in Jesus, but if His words abide in you, you can have anything you ask in Jesus’ name and it will be yours. There are three ways His words can remain in you:

1. Read the Bible daily and let it be your guide. Before you take on the challenges of the day, take out your Bible and spend 5 to 10 minutes a day, reading the Bible.

I used to think, “with my schedule, I’ll just read when I have time.” But, before I knew it, time flew by without notice. Day after day, I still didn’t read the Bible. The point is you don’t ever have time. Everyone has only 24 hours in a day. You just have to prioritize and make time for God. When you pray, you’re talking to God, but when you’re reading the Bible, God is talking to you. And, without reading, you may be missing your message from God for the day. So, a woman of noble character spends time reading the Bible, or allowing God’s words to abide in her. You’ll be surprise what message God will give you to live on that day.

I remember a time when I was reading through the Old Testament and I was so bored, but I felt led to read through the whole Bible slowly so that I would understand the Word. I was at the part where they were being told to follow all the different sacrifices to God and I couldn’t find any application to me whatsoever, so I prayed, “God, I’m sure you brought me here for a reason. But, I don’t see any applications here for me and I’m getting really bored. Please, show me Your message.” And, as I was reading through Numbers 33, God spoke to me through verses 55-56. God showed me that I had a lot of bitterness to get rid of. In order to receive a new life, a new beginning, I must get rid of all my bitterness and unforgiveness. God showed me what my next step was, even in the most unexpected places.


2. Memorize the verses that jump out at you while you were reading. I’m sure there were times when you’re reading a chapter or two and certain verses stood out that really touched you in a special way no one else would have the same effect. That is your message from God.

There was a group of Christian women who gathered together monthly, and during those times, they would play games, eat and pray together. Well, as they were playing a game, the leader brought out a board with John 3:16 written on it. However, there were some words that were missing. The rest of the ladies were to complete the verse by filling in the missing words. Much to the surprise of the leader, the women didn’t know the verse. They all knew what it says, but they couldn’t remember well enough to complete the verse and she had to give them the answers.

My point is, memorize the verses well enough to fill in the blank. Know what the verse says and means. When you know the Bible, you know God’s character; you understand His heart; you know how and what to ask for in prayer which will always be a yes, because you would never ask anything that is not aligned with His will for your life. After all, you are a woman of noble character who God dwells within.

Allowing His words to abide in you is also a map for you to live a live pleasing to Him. Psalm 119:105, “Your word is lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” His word will guide you and teach you in the direction which you should go. His word will give you the advice you need to make the right decision. His word will give you discernment on a critical issue in your life. His word will give you wisdom and understanding on raising your children or honoring your husband. His word is your map, your direction, your guide to live a holy life while you’re on earth. And, I cannot imagine any woman of noble character who does not want to follow His lead; or, anyone who could truly be a woman of noble character without His words abiding in her.

3. Put His words into actions. Act out His words. Live it out. John 15:16 (NASB) says, “You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.” We are to bear fruit of whatever we learn. What’s knowledge without actions? If we learn what His words say and we know it, but we never put it into actions, then we are not truly His friends; we have not truly allowed His words to abide in us. John 15:14 says, “You are my friends if you do what I command you.” His command is that we live our lives to bring Him glory by putting His words into actions so that the world may see our good deeds.

As women (wives) of noble character, we need to abide in Jesus and allow His words to abide in us. In order for His words to abide in us, we must read the Bible daily, memorize the verses that stood out to give us directions, and live out what you learn from His words. And, you will truly experience the blessings of the woman of noble character.

No comments: