Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Monday, February 1, 2010

His Handiwork

This past weekend’s weather taught me a lesson on the power of God. All we received was cold and a few drops of rain. No snow and no ice. However, to the North and East of us was a different story. Our family was supposed to go to Hickory, North Carolina for the Sunday Service – my husband was to preach. However, on Saturday evening, the elder from that church notified my husband that the church was closed due to snowy weather. They had a blizzard. We, on the other hand, had dark cloud on Saturday and sunshine and cold wind on Sunday. As we head for church, I couldn’t get over the fact that on my side of the neighborhood, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the weather other than the coldness. And, yet, the blizzard hit the North and the East. It was Sunday, January 31, 2010 for all of us, everywhere.

I couldn’t get over it. I kept on pondering how it could be that on one side of town, churches were cancelled while on the other side, people were enjoying the sunshine and dry weather. “Oh, God, only You can fashion such vastness and beauty.” I felt utterly limited by this incomprehensible act of God. As far as my eyes could see, everything was perfect. And, yet, just beyond the horizon, there were blizzards all around. No matter how hard I tried to feel the pain these neighbors felt, I couldn’t. All I could feel was the sunshine and cold chills.

God, indeed, is the great “I AM”. His Word says, “The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork” (Psalm 19:1). This past weekend’s experience said it all. Only God could’ve divided the experiences of the weather so uniquely. Even, the earth sings a different song to the Lord at the same time.

Lord, thank You for teaching us about Your mighty power. Remind us daily that You are in control. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

No comments: