Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Thursday, April 26, 2007

Why MrsProverbs31

When I chose this name for my blog, I know that many may think, "why MrsProverbs31?"
MrsProverbs31 is an inspiring character whom I hope to be one day. By far, I am not Mrsproverbs31. MrsProverbs31 is our space. Our community. A place for us to share our knowledge, strength, and wisdom. If you are anything like me, you will desire the character of the woman found in Proverbs 31:10-31.

The characters and strength of this woman: She is worthy (v.10, 25, 28, 29), well respected by her husband and children (v.11, 28), makes good choices (v. 12, 13, 18), a hard worker (v. 15, 17, 19, 21-22), compassionate (v.20), a business woman (v. 13, 18,), and wise (v. 25). Because of her strong character and faith, her husband gains respect from his neighbors and communities.

Due to my experiences in seeing so many women give up in living for Jesus because they just can't see themselves in the role of Proverbs 31's woman, I create this community hoping to inspire you to live by the characters of this woman. In a lot of ways, many of us are wearing many hats. We may not be as successful as this character, but we are in our own ways, Mrs. Proverbs 31. Most of us are mothers, wives, business professionals, and are highly respected, but we never view ourselves as Mrs. Proverbs 31. I think it is due to our own vision of her being the perfect woman. The Bible says, "noble" not "perfect."

But, the Bible also states that we all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 6:23). Because Mrs Proverbs 31 is a woman. She, too, fall short. She's noble as many of us are noble. But, only God alone is perfect and sinless. Agree? I sure hope so. We fear judgements and criticisms. We fear failures. We fear . . .and we fear. . . and we fear. . . No matter what we feel inside today, I challenge you to live your God given call.

MrsProverbs31 should be every woman's goal in living to our fullest potential. She should inspire us to live by faith and in peace. If it wasn't possible, God would not have breathed the words into the author's heart to put into paper. Therefore, live for God, by God and in God alone. But, shine to the world in your living for Jesus.

More to come.

No comments: