Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Friday, May 18, 2007

Half-full

Good afternoon. I hope that all is well with all of you. I've already broken my promise to blog every week. It has been two weeks since I blogged. And this was only the beginning. I have no reason and no excuse. All I have is the truth: I was struck with depression and numbness. Actually, I began to blog before Mother's day. I had a beautiful peace to dedicate to my mother. I was almost finished when my computer went dead on me and it took all I had put into the blog. I was frustrated, so I stopped. Besides, my family had to eat.

Although, I had not had a chance to sit and put my thought together, one family occasion kept on nagging me. So, let's get on with it. Instead of continuing to justify why I chose Mrs. Proverbs 31, I want to turn your attention to something very familiar. Something that we hear all the time, but never really truly reflect or dwell on it too long or enough to recognize how it plays in our lives.

As I was driving down the highway with my children, my oldest questioned me about herself and how she should handle one of the comment she received from her school mates. I was in a pretty good mood, so I returned her question with a question. I said, "it all depends how you look at it. Is the glass half-full or half-empty?" And, before she could answer me, my son said, "you should always look at it as half-full, that way, you know that you will get more." I was totally awed by his explanation. Until that day, I've never gain the true meaning of that analogy. I congratulated my son for his insight, and my daughter gave him a nasty look. The sibbling war had begun.

The point I want to make here is that we are all love by the Lord. Each time we are given a special opportunity, we are to look at it as half-full so we make an effort to be sure we will receive the rest to fill it up. The Bible says that if we are not faithful to small things, how could he trust us with the bigger things? So, today, if you received something other than what you've expected. Less than you've imagined. Thank Him and believe that there's more where that came from. God loves you and continues to plan your future for you. Trust Him. Act on what you have right now and He will bring more to fill your glass.

I want to challenge you to live your life as though the glass is half-full. Keep it open to receive more. God is not finished with you yet.

See you soon.

No comments: