Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What's on your mind?

I have a little 15 months old girl. And, I am amazed at her awareness of my whereabouts. It doesn't matter where I'm at, she will always find me when she needs me. Today, she came knocking on my bedroom door, calling me. As soon as I opened the door, she giggled and raised up her hands as if she was saying, "pick me up, mommy." I picked her up and she curled up with both of her arms around my neck. "Aaah, you poo poo hah?" I said as I rubbed her back gently. With her on my left side, I grabbed her towel and she gave me a big smile.

Elizabeth is an active child, so she only comes to me when she's hungry, sick, tired, or as in the case above has a dirty diaper. But, as a mother, I know that she comes to me because she knows I know her: I understand her feelings. I can identify the need by the way she cries. And, it got me thinking about how God knows us:

Revelation 2:2 "I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance".

Revelation 2:9 "I know your affliction and your poverty-..."

Revelation 3:8 "I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name."

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,..."

God knows us. He knows what's in our mind before we say anything. Luke 5:22, "Jesus knew what they were thinking..." He knows. He understands us. And, no matter how many passages I provide you with, the fact remains: God knows.

So, I hope as Elizabeth knows when to come to me and for what reason, that you also know God and when you need God that you know how to find Him.

Father, bless all of us women, men and children alike. We are grateful that we can come to you in our greatest desperation and you will comfort us. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: