Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Busy Summer

Dear Readers,

Thank you for your support and encouragements. I know I've not written anything for the last several weeks. I've been busy with personal engagements, but I want you to know everything is well. The Lord has been good.

If you are reading this, perhaps God is directing you here to pray for me and my family. We are all well. Everyone is doing fine and healthy. However, I can use your help in praying for focus.

I promise you are not forgotten. I will come back and continue with our talk on Our Jealous God. For right now, I'm going on a tangent.

This weekend was a mix blessing. My husband has had gout for the last two weeks. So, he couldn't cut the grass. I decided that I was going to cut the grass so it won't look so scary. You know when your neighbors start to dump their coffee cups, napkins, and papers on your yard, you know it is time to cut the grass and trim the trees. So, I proceeded to cut the grass, but I couldn't get the motor running on the lawnmower nor the trimmer. Poor me, right. No poor my husband. He had to walk like a crab outside to get the lawnmower started. I finished cutting the grass and proceeded to trim the weeds, but couldn't get that started either.

After several times of trying to get it started, I prayed, "Lord, help me. I am trying to be a good and supportive wife. But, I can't if you don't help me right now, because I can't get this started. Please, don't make me go get him again. I was sweaty and thirsty and my children were urging me, "mom, that thing doesn't work anymore. Why don't you just go get dad."

"Leave me alone," I said as I turned and proceeded to pull the string one more time. My daughter came out and asked me if she could help me. "Go, get your dad!" I let out a desperate cry. Yes, the poor man came out and got it started the first try. He gave me a strange look that communicates, "It's so easy." I threw my hands up in the air and gave him the look, "yeah, I probably exhausted it enough it was going to cave in anyway." So, now the grass are cut and the weeds are trimmed.

I came inside to prepare dinner. As we were eating lunch, my children asked me what we would do after lunch. "We're going to trim the trees and bushes. Are you going to help me, Honey?" He nodded "yes".

Well, we got our old fashion tools and went outside to cut the trees. He didn't go far and had to go back inside. It was too much for him. So, I went to the front and started to trim the trees in the front yard. I just had lunch so I was not cranky or angry. But, as I was trimming, my neighbor came outside, "excuse me, I just cannot let you do that."

"What?" This is my yard, why are you prohibiting me to cut my own trees?

"I cannot let you cut those with that thing. I can't watch you. I got something better. Just wait a minute, I'll get it." A couple of minutes later, he came out with this long branch trimmer (that's my name for it. I don't know it's name), showed me how it worked. He went back home to eat his dinner and came back out about five minutes later with another tool. Thank goodness for good neighbors, my trees and bushes are nicely trimmed. God showed Himself as He promised in Psalm 34:15. His eyes were on me. He heard my cry for help and He sent my neighbor to lend me his tools . Praise Him and thank Him for His faithfulness.

God bless you all and I will write when I return from She Speaks!

No comments: