Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Can Get Used to This

I walked into the high school office, went past station 1, 2, & 3 and no one said a thing to me. Then, I went to station 4 and the gentleman asked me if I was a parent? I said, “yes”. Then, he directed me to station 9 which was a much shorter line (God's grace was on me). The lady then directed me to pick up my daughter’s ID. I walked around the loop as there was no short cut to him. When I arrived, I announced my presence and asked him for my daughter’s picture ID. He looked up at me and said, “Okay, look for your ID?”

“I don’t see it” I said as I put the papers in my hand down on his desk.

“Oh, okay, are you a freshman?” he ask.

“Yes, she’s a freshman. She had her picture taken last year during the tour,” I answered.

“Okay, let me look quick,” he said looking at the role of id’s, “Oh, here it is,” he said as he handed me the lanyard and a blank ID with my daughter’s name on it. “You’re have to get in that line (pointing behind him) and take your pictures.”

I took the lanyard from him and wondered to myself, feeling kind of good because I’m mistaken for my daughter. To be almost 40 and be mistaken for my daughter of 14, feels pretty good. Don’t you think? Then, there I was after I’ve received my daughter’s books in my arms standing behind these two girls (I think they were sophomores), carying on their conversation as though I was one of the students. Boy! That just made my day.

As I was driving my daughter back to school this morning, I told her of the incident and she said, “That’s just sad.”

“What do you mean, sad? I felt good, because that meant that I looked young. When you’re almost 40 and mistaken for 14, that’s a good feeling,” I said while combing my hair back with one hand.

“Yeah, I know,” she chuckled, “it’s funny, when you’re young you want to be old and when you’re old you want to be young.”

What a true statement she made. We’ve never been satisfied with our ages. We always see the grass greener on the other side (well, that is until we get there). But, I don’t mind being mistaken for a high school student one bit. Whatever I was wearing must have covered my muffin top. No one seems to notice it. I don’t have a Biblical application. If you have one, post your application on the comment below. I am interested to hear how y’all apply this to a Biblical truth. I was just so touched by it that I had to share with you. Maybe, I should start working out, I will look even younger and next time, become my daughter’s sister. Who knows! I can get used to being young.

You have yourself a great day. Now, that I completed my children’s school registrations, I am going to get back to being almost 40 because I have to face reality.

2 comments:

Shonda said...

Psalm 45:11 NIV
The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.

You're king is enthralled with your beauty! He called you beautiful honor HIM. That was a gift for you from your King. Savor it. Blessings in Christ-
Engrafted by His Grace-
Shonda

Van said...

Oh how fun - a freshman in high school. My house has been empty for two years now and I miss high school so! Have a very good, great and awesome year!