Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Friday, April 10, 2009

He Who Has Ears

I awoke to a gentle knock on my bedroom door. “I’m coming,” I said as I slipped out of bed, realizing that my children have day camp at my friend’s church. Another knock came shortly after, and I repeated, “I’m coming, just get ready.” I scrambled around to look for my sweat pants and went towards the bathroom, the third knock came. Again, I said, “I’m coming. You guys just get yourselves ready.” Just as I entered my bathroom door, another knock came louder than the first ones, and it aggravated me, so I yelled out, “I’m coming, GO get ready.”

“See, Pretty,” said Princess.

When I came out of my room, I peaked into the girls’ room and surprise to see them sitting comfortably on their bed with their PJs still on. I said, “What are you doing? You knocked my door and I told you to get ready, why are you still not dressed?”

“Well, I knock on your door, and I didn’t hear anything,” said Pretty.

“She told me to do it,” Princess said pointing straight at Pretty.

“Just get ready,” I pouted.

I thought about how many times we cry and beg Jesus to come into our aid, and we never take the time to listen to what Jesus said. We demand for His attention, but never take the time to listen and hear His directions. We stand there and watch for Him to come out to help us, take us to our destination, but, we’re not ready. Jesus said, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear” (Mark 4:9).

Jesus was teaching in parables and required the attention of His listeners. Were they paying attention to the details of the parables? Did they even hear Him or were they on dreamland? Are we any different than His disciples? We’re knocking, but are we listening? Or are we like Pretty and knocking without hearing?

Today, if you’re waiting on God to answer a prayer, put your hope and faith together, and listen, perhaps, the answer has already been given, and all you got to do is act. You don’t have to keep on knocking. Trust and obey. He is on His way to take His part in your life. But, are you ready? Are you prepared to take your part to meet Jesus?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I enjoyed reading your April posts. I'm slowly writing more. I just need to work on getting the words out of my head onto paper. I hope you're doing well. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Blessings!

Van said...

Life lessons are precious when we stop to consider what they have to teach us, especially when they arrive in such ordinary ways.