Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Friday, September 26, 2008

The Imperishable Seed

“For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God” (1 Peter 1:23).

I noticed something peculiar about the seeds as I grinded the chili peppers. No matter how fine I grinded it, the seeds remained unbreakable. I’m sure if I put them in the ground they will grow. How unique, I thought.

This must be what apostle Peter talked about us being made from the imperishable seed, the Word of God. The Word is the seed, thus when we put the seed in us, it is indestructible. It lives in us and instructs us how to live like Christ.

Though there may be many trials and temptations that we may face, the Word of God remains changeless, just like the chili pepper seeds. This indestructible power within us is what will reproduce itself when planted in good grounds. The blender may mix us all around, tearing our physical being apart, but the seed in us lives on.

This is powerful, because this means that when God pronounces a promise for His children through His living Word, the promise germinates and grows. And whoever claims the promise-learn the word of God, memorize it until you can speak it in your regular conversations-will produce fruit.

The Lord is good. I am so glad to learn this simple and yet powerful lesson. I am emptying myself of my self-doubt and unbelief and fill myself with more of His words, the living seeds. God bless you.

Lord Jesus, I am in awe of Your mighty power. You are so good to me. Help me to believe in the power of Your living Word. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

1 comment:

kaspar5 said...

What a wonderful image you have created...and one I had never considered before! You have a gift for imagery and I am blessed to have stumbled upon your blog today!