Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Abia

Abia. What can I say my awesome daughter? As she said, she’s forced to grow up fast. She’s had her challenges just like all the other teenagers. She’s had her ups and owns, but she’s always fast about turning around. She gets mad quick (short temper), but she’s quick to forgive and forget. She lives the verse in Ephesians 4:26, “…Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.” She doesn’t even let the sun go down. She just bounces right back.

However, what awes me the most about her is her passion for righteous living. She speaks out about her peers when she sees they do something against the rules and regulations or the unspoken moral rules. For example, one year one of her “friends” was acting pretty intimate on the bus with another boy. It bothered her so much that she told the teacher about it. And, when he didn’t do anything about it, she was so upset she came home crying and told me how awful and mad she was at her friend for acting so disrespectful in public.

She has a lot of acquaintances, but no close friends. Her perspective of life just doesn’t fit in with the society. And, she gets lonely and sometimes, she wonders why, but she doesn’t mourn about it. She knows and understands that she’s chosen the narrow path and she refuses to compromise. I am so proud of her.

She has always been very definite about her path of life and career choices. She’s got a great plan in place and looking forward to accomplishing it. She motivates herself to succeed and works hard to improve. She’s the parent when we go shopping, because she would remind me that if it is not a need, I need to put it back on the rack. If I make a list of things to buy, she will stick to it better than me.

She is a good cook. Whatever I want to eat, she can cook. Sometimes, she gets burn out about cooking, especially during the summer when she has to cook for her siblings. But, she does it and they love her cooking. Her father encourages her about cooking better than her mother. Darn.

Abia, I appreciate you. You are growing quickly into a woman of faith and righteous living. I love you. I am proud of you. I know you will observe the laws of the Lord and live to give Him glory.


No comments: