Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rebecca

Parenting is such a mixture of joy and frustrations. Sometimes, I just love them to a whole. And, sometimes I get so frustrated, I just want to cry. I was frustrated with my daughter because she accused me of being an unfair parent. She wanted me to make her the same pillow I made for her sister. She would not yield when I explained that I didn’t make her sister a messenger bag or a purse either. She stuck to her desire. She wanted the same pillow. I had no more of the same materials. I sent her to bed.

Next day, I went to work and came out for break time. Rebecca was sitting in her office. I said “hi” to her. I asked her how she was doing and she returned with the same question. I don’t really remember how we arrived at my daughter’s tamper tantrum the night before, but Rebecca simply said, “Why don’t you tell her that…” I came home. I pulled my daughter aside after dinner and we had our little talk. I explained to her that if she wanted to trade with her sister and she agrees, she may do so. But, I made them different things because they are different persons. And, the things I made are expressions of my love for them. I haven’t had the same tantrum since.

Now, why don’t I think of that? Because I was simply reacting to her tantrum without logically thinking and listening to what she’s actually saying to me. Rebecca doesn't talk much to me except hi, hello, and how are you doing. But, once in awhile we have snippet conversations. And, she brings out the best in me. She’s encouraging to talk to. I know I can tell her things and it would stay between me and her.

Rebecca, you are a gem. You taught me the value of saying a few words that are worth a lot. I am blessed to have known you and work for your family. Your willingness to help us with labor work has taught me the value of humility and hands-on leadership. You remind me of the following quality in Proverbs 31.

She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. ~Proverbs 31:27

No comments: