Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Friday, November 4, 2011

Kristina


November 4, 2011


When we were younger, she was one of the girls sitting inthe back of the room, putting on make-up and giggling with silly jokes. I remember it used to irritate me so much that I wanted to send her out to the hallway. But, I don’t ever remember it bothered her a bit that her actions bothered me. She was just there to meet her friends and have a good time. And,she was faithful to show up for every church and youth events.

When I married my husband and came back to finish my last semester, she approached me and said she needed to talk. We took a walk and she opened her heart to me for the first time. Shortly, afterward, she married her husband and moved away. We were thousands of miles away from each other. I thought I would never see or hear from her again.

But, years later, when I moved to South Carolina, she found my phone number and called me. She wanted my husband and me to go talk to her husband about God. We didn’t feel it would be right for us to tread on someone else’s territory, so we referred her to a local pastor of our denomination. However, she was determined to have us over. After much prayer and discussions and a few more calls from her, we decided to meet with her and her husband.

The trip was three hours away, so we decided to leave on Friday night in order to spend more time with her family. When we arrived, it was quite late, but her husband was still at work because he worked third shift. She waited up with her children. I should’ve known the enemy would compete to steal our time with her. She was busy trying to engage us with home movies. I thought, “Something is very strange about her behavior.” She acted as though she was trying to avoid the very subject she invited us over. So, after everyone went to bed, I walked through her house and prayed.

The next morning, after breakfast, I urged my husband to sit them down for a talk for she was still being Martha. And he did-a very good job. He said he would contact the local pastor for a follow-up. A few months after our visit, Kristina’s husband accepted Christ and attended church with her. Though, he’s not very active, she never gave up and continued to keep in touch with me on a regular basis.

She’s a changed woman. Her ministry to senior adults is compelling. She has six children, is self-employed; sells life insurance and estates, but she makes time to transport the seniors in her community to the stores, to doctor appointments and translate for them-for free, of course. When I visited her, I had to go with her on her errands to a spend time with her. She makes herself available for her family, extended family, friends and her community and, now her church. She is Mrs. Proverbs 31 in my eyes. But, she doesn’t think of herself that way. She gets frustrated, stressed out and bummed out, but I know none of them, only from hearing her say so.

Every time I see or talk to her, she’s always on the way to a business meeting, to an appointment with a client, or run an errand for someone. I’ve never been able to enjoy a still moment with her. She’s so full of life. She’s thoughtful and generous with everyone. And, she has no servant.

I just had a conversation with her last night. (While we were talking, she was making eggrolls for her daughter’s soccer team’s victory celebration.) She said her friends from our youth changed. She felt like they don’t have much in common anymore. I told her I believe she’s the changed one. She’s become mature and responsible. I always learn something from her through our conversations.

Kristina, I am impressed and proud of the woman you’ve become. I am grateful to the Lord for bringing you into my life. If I am authorized by God to crown you Mrs. Proverbs 31, I would. You’ve developed a closer walk with God and become an example for your family, friends and community. I am privileged to be your friend. May God bless you!

Give her the product of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates. ~Proverbs 31:31

No comments: