Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A woman of noble character: 2008 Goals

Happy New Year sisters. May all your dreams come true in 2008 and may you be filled with God’s glory, blessings, and mercy.

As always, I’m a little behind and beside myself. Always aiming for more than I am capable of accomplishing, so here I am a day behind the New Year. But, it is fairly new. It is only the second day. Right?

Here are my goals for 2008. Now, the list is not complete, but it will give you an idea of what I’m going to do for 2008 so that you will keep me accountable, especially for the first ten.

Goals:

Develop a more intimate relationship with Christ.
Get up earlier for devotions and prayer
Listen to CDs-sermons and encouragements
Get involved in more church activities
Write in devotional journal – promise verses of God


Have daily prayer and devotions with children.
Prepare a verse each day to share with the children before evening prayer time
Pray for them before sending them to school.

Tuck my children in bed every night
Make sure each child gets a hug before bedtime.
Check their bed and sheets before they go to bed.

Complete autoresponder form (this week)

Write one article a week
Be on the look out for words and phrases to help with writing
Start writing on Monday mornings
Revise throughout the week and look for possible publishers

Send one article for publication – one a week-Friday

Start bi-monthly newsletter in February
Begin writing on Tuesdays
Invite women who have stories to tell to submit articles for newsletters

Increase blog to twice a week
Monday
Friday

Write in journal every day – focus on accomplishments and insights from God.

Complete copywriting course by May 2008.
Complete invitation for lunch by January 7, 2008
Complete research and outline by February 20, 2008
Read one letter a day-analyze it’s purpose-follow tips given by Michael Masterson

Complete Emma’s quilt tops by end of January 2008


Complete mom’s quilt by end of February 2008


Attend She Speaks Conference
Sell quillows to raise money
Work for N. Txiaj Toog


Visit my mom – Early August or maybe September

Write more “thank you” & Encouragement notes
Look for opportunities to encourage people
Prepare some thank you post cards (Personalized) to send to people
Prepare an update family newsletter to send out to friends and family bi-yearly


Well, there you have it in a general sense of what I have in mind for 2008. I am flexible to change just as this site is also in process of review and possible change. But, I will still be here, blogging away.

My heart’s desire is to develop a heart that fears God by becoming a better wife, mom, friend, and teacher; practicing patience, kindness, goodness, joy, peace, love, self-control, and gentleness. I believe that if I can accomplish this task, then I am one step closer to developing a noble character.

Becoming a woman of noble character is every woman’s dream. However, most of us feel inadequate. But God says, “Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes” (Isaiah 54:2).

God bless you all.

Shoua

No comments: