Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Monday, January 14, 2008

A Woman of Noble Character: A Genuine Hug

I’ve had a rough start for the first couple of weeks this year. I fell into the “Am I sure of my calling?” I kept on praying for His presence to shine in unexpected places. I have received numerous blessings beyond my imaginations, but one that made a mark on my life was a hug from a little girl whom I didn’t expect would do so. This girl waits for the bus with my children everyday. Most days, we would get there, then, she and her twin sister would show up shortly after. She would always say “hi” from a distance. But, on this dark and cloudy morning, I saw a little thin figure approaching me. She didn’t stop where her sister had stop, she looked at me straight in the eye as she approached, gave me a hug, turned around walked back to her normal spot, and turned around to look at my reaction. I looked at her in dismayed and said, “Thank you. If I knew you came to give me a hug, I would hug you tighter.” She just smiled and went on as though nothing had happened.

I looked up into Heaven thanked my Lord for the hug so much needed to affirm me of His love. How a girl I didn’t even know her name and she didn’t know mine, came and gave me a hug (without her intention). I knew at that instant that it was a hug from my Father, letting me know that I’m okay and acceptable to Him. “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace” (Psalm 29:11). He was letting me know that no matter what the circumstances were, He was already there and He saw everything. He was doing everything for my good. He was surrounding me with His peace and the hug was to let me know He knew what I needed at that moment.

Then, I said to God, “Lord thank you for that hug. I needed that hug. I wish I had hugged her back.” And, the next day, she came back and gave me a second chance to hug her back. It was such a blessing to know that God wills, even a child, who He pleases to show me His love. When He did so, all I could do was stand in awe of His mercy and grace being shunned upon me.

My dear sisters in Christ, whatever your circumstances today, look to the Lord and He will give you whatever you need for the moment, whether it would be a hug, a special phone call, or a meal to just get through the day. Don’t give up. “The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one” (Psalm 28:8). He loves you and all He wants to do is comfort you. God bless you and may your day be filled with love and peace in ways you can’t even imagine.

No comments: