Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Friday, January 4, 2008

A woman of noble character: Dodging bullets

Welcome to MrsProverbs31. Glad you stop by. Hope you had a great week. Mine was awesome despite the few bullets (not literally) I was dodging. God was gracious to save me out of that misery.

What I like to do today is just to relax. Be me. Talk about the silly things of life while maintaining my noble character.

Okay, so you’re here and you’re wondering why I call myself MrsProverbs31. So, let’s get this straight. I am not Mrs. Proverbs31 by any chance. I may have the desire of being Mrs. Proverbs 31. Yep, that’s it. Mrs. Proverbs 31 is a dream character for (should I say) some Christian women. Am I so bold as to name this site Mrs. Proverbs31? Let’s see…several months ago this was my conversation with God:

“Mrs. Proverbs 31? Are you sure, God?”

“Trust me.”

“I want to, but I’m scared. I’m not sure how people would react to this bold name.”

“Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified of them, or I will terrify you before them. Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land-against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you…’ declares the Lord.” (Jeremiah 1:17-19)

I wish I can say that I have the humbleness of Mary, the Mother of Jesus. But, I would be a big liar. And, I’m not a very good one.

“Why me? Don’t you have enough women in ministries? Besides I have six children. Remember?”

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:5).

“Really? That’s a B-I-G word, ‘prophet’ I mean. Oh, Lord, you know I’ve always wanted to be famous, to become a missionary, to have lots and lots of money, but a prophet?”

“If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands…the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth…the Lord will grant you abundant prosperity-in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground-…” (Deuteronomy 28:1,11).

“I don’t understand, Lord, come again?”

“I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth” (Exodus 9:16)

“Please, Lord, I don’t want to be a guinea pig like Pharaoh. I want to be a good person.”

“I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the Lord, and there’s no other” (Isaiah 45:5-6).


“HHHHHH” I sighed.

I’m moving. I’m moving. Did I say I’m moving? Yeah, I think I did. I know I did. I know I did. Am I obedient? I don’t know. I wonder so much about that. I’ve been praying this prayer: “Lord, give me an undivided heart so that I may fear your name” (Psalm 86:11). I know He wants me to talk about Him. But, I’m no virgin or prophet or great king, queen, not even a great mother. I’m just an average mother living a below average life with a wonderful husband who seems to think I’m smarter than he is and six wonderful kids who forgives me time after time.

I can hardly encourage people. Oh, don’t go there. That was the very reason why I was dodging bullets this week. I attempted to encourage some of my colleagues. It came out offensive. And, well, I’ve been dodging the bullets since. It’s a matter of fact I spent the majority of this morning crying my eye balls out, because I was singled out of over a hundred people (no, not a hundred people shooting the bullets (not literally), but just 4 or 5 people). I was told to stop preaching. They heard enough from their husbands. They just want to sit there and let loose about how terrible their situations are. I’m not kidding. Seriously there were lots of positive things about this group. They meant well, we just didn’t see eye to eye. They wanted to talk about misery. I wanted to talk about Jesus and happiness.

So what’s next? I don’t know. All I know is God promised me He will tell me what to say, what to do and how to do it.

Friends, if you are facing some difficult situations today. God has heard your cry for help. He knows. He’s working behind the scene to get it all perfectly fit for you. You may be very ready and wonder why God is still not acting, but let me tell you why, the people who is part of your dream puzzle is not ready. Be patient. His presence is already there. God bless you.

Oh, I forgot, here’s a message:

“The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry…The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; He protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken” (Psalm 34:15, 17-20).

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Well, Hello Mrs. Prov31 girl! You are indeed brave and obedient. I think I've had that same conversation with the Lord myself. And I wonder if people think me presumptuous by my blog title too. A prophet speaks hope and truth into difficult situations and it sounds like you were trying to do that.

And I think bullets or arrows usually have the same source and we have a mighty defense against them, don't we? Keep in the battle! (Nice to meet you too - I saw you at Lysa T's).

Lelia Chealey said...

Oh....thanks for sharing this. So raw & real, just how God loves our hearts.
Keep serving Him, keep questioning Him, keep listening to Him and keep being obedient to Him. Then at night you can say Psalm 41:11 to your King...
I know that you are pleased with me, for my enemy does not triumph over me.

Many Blessings~
Lelia