Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Thursday, February 7, 2008

Valentine's Day Dedication: Tabitha


Tabitha is 6 years old. She's smart and pretty. She likes to be called Princess.
We talked about being God's children; therefore, we are princes and princesses and Tabitha took that to heart. So, she's my princess as well as God's true princess.

Her prayer request each night is always, "to have a good dream."

She likes the attention we give her. She loves to play house and tell fairy tail stories. In fact, she has her own jungle princess story with lots of animals, including cats and dogs. She also enjoys reading her Bible. She's working on Daniel and the lion. And, she always brings me flowers. In fact, she brought me a dandelion today.

Tabitha is found in the Bible. Tabitha (Dorcas in Greek) means gazelle which means graceful. She was "always doing good and helping the poor." But, she got sick and died. She was terribly missed by the ones she helped. Acts 9:39b: "All the widows stood around him, crying and showing him the robes and other clothing that Dorcas had made while she was still with them."

Can you imagine that? She was remembered for the little deeds that she did. And, so I wanted my little girl to be a caring and compassionate person. And, that's why I named her Tabitha. I had to remind my husband of the goods about Tabitha to convince him that Tabitha is a good name and person. I did go in the Bible and pulled out the story to give him. He relunctantly agreed. And, now I have my princess Tabitha.

I wish that was all true. But, there's anoher tail to the story. You see, while I was growing up, I loved watching "Bewitched." The little girl is half witch and half mortal, because the mother, Samantha, is a witch while her father is mortal. I can still remember her twinkling her nose to play tricks on her parents. So, as a little girl, I told myself that someday when I'm old enough to change my name, I would change it to Samantha and when I have a little girl, I would name her Tabitha. Another goal accomplished. However, had she not been found in the Bible, I may have a hard time convincing my husband.



Here's a picture of her trying to get in front of the camera. Yes, she likes swords and guns (I don't buy them-not willingly anyway). Thank goodness, just about every sword and gun are gone.
She's a very carefree person. She likes to dress as anything goes. She used to wear different socks all the time and trying to change that was a challenging task. I got all worked up about it, but her Sunday School teacher said that I should relax, let her create her own fashion and style. She'll stop when she realize other's don't dress like her. She's doing so much better now, thank God.
Oh, I cannot forget this: She's a true chocolate girl. She can never get tired of chocolate. She'll eat chocolate until she drops. She likes everything chocolate-cocoa, cookies, candies, etc. That's why she's my Valentine.

1 comment:

jenny said...

I was looking for some information about the Tabitha from the Bible for a Bible class I am teaching tonight, and I came across the post here about your daughter. Very nice dedication to her. :-)