Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Monday, February 25, 2008

A Woman of Noble Character's Privileges

“…as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride so will your God rejoice over you” (Isaiah 62:5b).

As I was reading some of the answers to the questions concerning the She Speaks Conference, written by Proverbs 31 Speakers & Authors, I found myself filled with tears, because God was speaking to me through their written words. I was filled with an overwhelming sense of love from my Father. He was saying, “I will love you until you return home to me.” It doesn’t matter what my circumstances are, He has already made up His mind that He loves me, just for me. After all, He did choose to make me the way I am.

He was saying to me that He rejoices over me just as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride. He loves me for me. He enjoys being in my presence. He enjoys protecting and providing for me. That is so reassuring. And, He does prove His love to me all the time: All of the wonderful comments you, my readers, left on my blog are so encouraging to me. All of the extra food my family received since December 2007 are overwhelming us with the pride of His love. And, since then, we’ve received a brand new washer and a brand new stove. We received all of these gifts, not because we deserve it, but because He was simply demonstrating His joy and love to and over us. Let His name be glorified.

Growing up, we never had very much. My father was an opium addict, very laid back, not very much help to my mother. He passed away two weeks before I was born. I never knew him. I have never experienced what a father’s love or hate was like. My mother did remarry, but even then my step-sister never allowed me to call my step-father, “father.” And, I never knew him, because he was serving in the Vietnam War so he was rarely home. If he was, I couldn’t remember. He, too, died. My mother was left to raise us on her own. We were always provided for, but never have plenty. Always just barely getting by. And, people looked down on us.

As a result, I hated taking hand outs. I felt so ashamed every time someone gave me something. I hated asking for help. I would rather persevere my circumstances: being in rags and nutritionally deficient before I asked for help. So, when my dear friend found out how I felt, she told me (lovingly) that I was robbing people’s joy of giving to me; that I was taking away their chances of serving and obeying God. Of course, my insecurities made me feel worse knowing it. Still, I remained shameful of my circumstances. I just couldn’t let go. I prayed to God to release me of this being financially insufficient all the time. But, each time I said a prayer like that, He handed me a gift through someone else. And, I just couldn’t understand because I never viewed my circumstances as privileges of suffering along with Christ. Instead, I felt unloved, unappreciated, and worthless.

I failed to understand that our lives are much like characters in a play: Each character has its own function and purpose. No matter how small the part is, it is needed to make the purpose of the other characters come alive. As God assigns a role to us, we have a choice of serving with a joyful heart or view it as a burden to bear. When we view it as a privilege of service, we tend to handle it with peace and joy, and God rejoices over us. Whereas, when we view it as a burden, we hold grudges and play pity party, and lose the joy of seeing our Father’s love for us-not that He doesn’t love us, but that we are blinded by our perspective of things.

Our circumstances are privileges to allow Him to demonstrate His Love, Mercy and Sovereignty. Our circumstances are temporary. They will not last. As we learn to accept them as privileges of service to bring His Name glory and honor, He rejoices over us. Thus, a woman of noble character learns to enjoy life no matter what her circumstances are, because she knows God rejoices over her.

My dear friends, God chooses to rejoice over you. Will you choose to see your circumstances as privileges to serve Him and allow His Name to be glorify? May God bless you and rejoice over you.

Shoua

2 comments:

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

That is awesome...I've never really thought of it like that, how you rob people of joy by not accepting what they so lovingly give you. That's really neat. Thank you for your words...you're really ministering to lots of people!