Notes:


I'm back. Looking forward to connecting with many of you. However, I'm not sure if Father would have me continue this next chapter here or write a new one. Either way, I hope you will journey with me into the next phase with Jesus Christ through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.


Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Woman of Noble Character: The Key

Yeah! Finally, Valentine’s Day is here. It’s really, really, really here. No, I didn’t get a dozen of red roses this morning. I didn’t even get a good-bye kiss from him this morning. He rushed out of the door like he always does. He didn’t even say Happy Valentine’s Day to me. Today, happen to be trash day, so he took out the trash and didn’t have time to eat breakfast. He left.

But, I am still happy! Yep! It’s Valentine’s Day! And, I actually stuck to my Valentine’s Day dedications: it is important to me because I am a new person. I’ve found the key to happiness. In the past, if you asked me what I would do for Valentine’s Day or any holiday for that matter, I would say “nothing, I have no money.” Well, today, I don’t need money to make me happy. It’s not that I don’t need money; it’s just that I don’t need money to make Valentine’s Day a happy day for me.

God has given me a new beginning since 2007. Granted I have my ups and downs, but I am generally happier today than I was a couple of years ago. Then, it was all about me: what I wanted, needed, and had to have. It was about my bills. It was about the children taking too much of my time. It was about a husband who couldn’t meet my expectations. It was about not having enough work. It was about ___________. It was about everything that revolved around me and my happiness. Everything came back to m-e.

Then, Christmas 2006, I was involved in network marketing and a video/book was passed down to me. I paid $5 to watch it online. Then it was too “awesome” so I bought four of them, one for each of my downline supervisors and one for me. But, as I re-watched the video and passed it around to others, a thought was provoked deep within me-I am not the source of my happiness. God is the source. I am not the designer of my future. God is designer of my life. While their god/source can be the universe, genie, Buddha or whatever they believe to be their god, mine is God the Almighty. The key to all is God.

So, I began to search for truth to back me up against the subtle lies of this video. And, the more I searched, the more He showed Himself. He led me through the book of Hebrews.
These were the words that jumped out at me.

Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it…Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are ---yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need (Hebrews 4:1, 14-16).

These words were so firm, so strong, yet so sweet and loving. God’s promise for us to enter His rest still stands. He’s still offering it to me. All I got to do was take it. Take His promise; accept the fact that He loves me because He chose to. The key to our happiness is to accept His free gift of love. Therefore, I should not be afraid to go to Him and place my requests at His feet, allowing Him to grant them. Oh, how sweet it is to follow Jesus. Jesus died on the cross for my sin. Jesus paid it in full. All of my past and present hurts and pain, shame and grief, He paid it all. And, He’s extending the invitation to enter into His rest. Aaaaah, rest. True rest. What better way to develop a noble character than to enter His true rest. The Key is God.

Because Christ is our high priest, I needed to hold on to the faith I profess for years. It was never about me. It was about God: His purpose and His will for my life. Since He is greater than Moses in the order of Melchizedek. Well, I’m not a Bible Scholar, but according to the Bible, Melchizedek happens to be the outstanding high priest of all time, appointed by God. Christ surpasses all of the high priests. He was perfect, yet He bore my sins so I can enter His rest: The Key to peace. He said, “Hey, I know what is like to face your situation, I experienced it.” Christ understands my pain, my shame, and my grief.

And, He calls for me, and you, to come to Him with confidence. After all, He is the Son of the Great I am: I AM whatever you need. I am the Key. The door is open. The invitation is being extended. All you and I got to do is approach His throne of grace with confidence-believe, have faith in Him to provide us with whatever we ask for. Most importantly, believe that He will provide-He will answer our prayers. Isn’t that awesome? Finally, I understood what people mean when they say, “God is good.” God is good, indeed.

So, I pondered on. I continued to search more. I bought more books, read more passages. I took out all of my husband’s Study Bibles. I read them. I bought one for myself. The more I read, the more I wanted to know. There has never been such a hunger for the truth-all because of one such video that promises to be the key to whatever you want. It caused me to say, “I don’t think so, but I know One who can deliver all that and more.” And, I have to say, thanks be to God for rescuing me from that video and numerous other lies that the enemy tries to press upon me. God is the only Key that matters. And, so He is my Valentine. Happy LOVE day, my Lord.

Now, I also want to extend my Valentine dedications to my blogging friends.

These are ones I visit often and ones in awhile I see their comments on my blog (they are busy ladies):

Renee Swope
MaryBeth Whalen
Lysa Terkeurst
Rachel Olsen

These are ones I visit and they have visit me with great encouragements (not in any particular order):

Dawn Ward
shonda
amy l brooke

tina vega
crownlaiddown
van
Rachel
–in Europe
Lauren at faith fuel
Mandymom.com

momlaughs
Cellyb
MissSandy
Dionna
Susan
Lelia Chealey
Mrsjoeb
http://diggingforpearls.blogspot.com/
http://mommymonk.blogspot.com/
Mac @ http://www.impactrevolutions.com/ (this young man is the first visitor. Great guy. His mom must be happy to have such an awesome young man).

Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you, for your thoughtfulness and encouragements while visiting my site. God bless you.

14 comments:

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

YOU are such a blessing!

Laura said...

Isn't it wonderful how God uses the things in our lives to awaken our hunger for Him and only Him? I love your story. It reminds me how this world will never fill our empty places. We need to cling to Him. Happy Valentine's Day, Dearest! May the One who is Love be all you need this day!

Shonda said...

Thank you for this. I love how God can use those ordinary things to reach us. I needed these post today as I confess I had the "what about me" syndrome. What a blessing you are to me today. May the Lord bless you.

Blessings in Christ-

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

A few centuries ago, these words were penned "The glory of God is man fully alive." And centuries later here you write as one who has come alive in the past few years in ways you hadn't been before seeing the frightful fray of your own heart. Your words on Shonda's were piercing to me so I came to visit and wish a Happy Valentine's Day to a very real person who is living in the present moment in the Presence of her beautiful Christ. Take courage!

Susan said...

This was an awesome post and so truthful. I love how you state that God is who makes you who you are. We are not the designer he is and he knows what he is doing. Once we let him love us our life becomes so much easier.
Happy Valentine's to you too.
Yep it's number 7!!!!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Praise God for how He continues to change lives for Him. :) Happy Valentine's Day!

Rachel said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for listing me on yours. It's a real encouragement to me.
It's such a blessing to read how God has given you such a hunger for Him...that's my experience too and Valentines day just does not cut it without Him.

Love Rachel.

Rachel Olsen said...

Terrific post! Your journey is one we all walk. Thanks for pointing the way.

Thanks also for the shout out. I'm honored you follow my blog.

Sweet Blesssings! ~ Rachel

Emily said...

hey! I found your blog through Shonda...I live in Lexington! Small world!
What an awesome post this was, thankyou so much for sharing your story! I will be visiting again, I'm sure...Blessings!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I am afraid I learned the hard way that God is all I need. He is my joy and my transformation! I spent time on valentines day singing love songs to my Savior. Though He has blessed me with a most awesome husband and spiritaul mate, the ultimate lover of my soul is indeed Christ.
Valentine gifts do not have to be about money or expensive gifts. It's about the heart. My husband is going through a really rough time at work. He manages a group of people-that has been the easy part compared to his boss and the hardship he has had to endur with him and his families attitudes (he works for a family run busines-they are all his bosses). Anyway, we have prayed daily for a year or more for God to open doors of opportunity so he could move on to a new job and nothing. Daily my husband continues in this stress. I found a magnet with Phillipian 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". It only cost me $2.50. I added double sided sticky tape so he could put this on his computer and be reminded daily, with each verbal insult that he can endur because of Christ until Christ provides that new job. He said he has had to look on that magnet more than once yesterday and it did give him the srtength he needed and kept him focus on what Christ would expect from him and his responses to each of the difficult circumstances he faced. It was a cheap gift but had such much meaning. That's what Valentines Day is about.
I appreciate your thoughts in this blog. God bless!
In His Graces~Pamela

Van said...

Everyone has a story. My idea of a supper wonderful retreat is one where all the women could simiply sit around for 1 hour increments and share their stories. Not only does everyone have a story but many of us see God's hand in our lives - however rough or easy - lessons we get to share with others to encourage them on their walks. Thanks for sharing your happiness!

Heather said...

Wow, if that isn't the truth. When we're so focused on our own needs we spiral downward. But when we focus on Him, life changes. Thanks for sharing the love!

Lelia Chealey said...

Hello!
Great post! He must become greater; I must become less...John 3:30

Thanks for the Valentine! :) You have such a special heart. I loved reading all about your family & the unique love you for each member. They must feel so blessed.
Blessings & Hugs~
Lelia

Sandy said...

This is such a heartfelt and powerful post. This is positively beautiful! I found myself nodding, yes, yes, yes the more I read. Why is it that we are always looking for love and contentment in people, places, position, or possessions when it is only found in Him? I think you received the best Valentine of all ~ renewed love for the Savior!

I stopped by to thank you for your recent visit, I am glad I did, for I am doubly blessed!